Your Trusted Company For Windows Replacement And Instalaltion In Toronto and GTA
Over the years, vinyl windows have become a popular choice for the homeowners. Our vinyl windows come in a great variety of designs and colors, our windows are stylish, energy efficient and durable. The over the years experience we`ve acquired has helped us a thorough understanding of what works best for our clients. We work hard to ensure that you can have the perfect solution for your needs.
Many homeowners replace their windows simply for aesthetic reasons, to update the style of their home or increase curb appeal. Those are valid enough reasons, your home should match your taste.
Other times the windows look great, but just don`t work so great anymore. When your windows show these signs, it is very much likely the time for a replacement:
- Windows are hard to open or don`t open at all
- The window frame is damaged or deteriorating
- Air or water from the outside gets through and into your home
- Fogging appears between the panes
Quality windows can last for many years.
Here are some of the most common window terms to help you in your research and understanding of the language:
- Casement – Window that is attached to its frame by one or more hinges at the side
- Single Slider – One glass panel that slider to the left or right to open to a fixed panel
- Single Hung – One operable sash on a window
- Fixed Casement – Window that can`t be opened
- Picture – Large window consisting of one pane of glass, typically in a living room
- Awning – Window consisting of several top-hinged sections arranged in vertical series, operated by one or more control devices that swing the bottom edges of the sections outward
- Double Slider – Two movable sashes, both ends slide open
- Double Hung – Two operable sashes on a window
- Bay & Bow – Windows with a number of panels that project outwards from the inside of the home
- Double Pane – Two sheets of glass within the sash of a window
- Grille – The decorative piece that divides window panels and gives the appearance of multiple panes of glass
- Mullion – The structural piece that attaches two separate windows together
- Sash – The operable or stationary framework that sits inside the frame and holds the glass
- Single Pane – One sheet of glass within the sash of a window
- Triple Pane – Three sheets of glass held together in the sash
We, at Horizon Windows & Doors offer windows designed for real life, perfectly beautiful. Testing beyond requirements, with style beyond ordinary. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable, hassle-free window replacement experience. That`s what goes into Horizon Windows and Doors.